ENTITY RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA PROCESSING
Identity: TransMedia Catalonia research group, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
Postal address: Facultat de Traducció i d’Interpretació, Campus de la Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 08193-Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona)
E-mail address: email@example.com
Delegate for data protection: Agustí Verde (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A. Right to information
This privacy and data-protection policy regulates access to and use of the services on the Media Accessibility Platform's website (mapaccess.org, mapaccess.uab.cat).
Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR), and to Law 34/2002, of 11 July, on Information Society and E-Commerce Services (LSSICE), Media Accessibility Platform has implemented the technical and organisational security measures needed to guarantee and protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data provided.
B. Purpose of data processing
Visiting this site may result into the processing of data concerning identified or identifiable persons.
No data resulting from web-based services is either communicated or disseminated.
Any personal data that is provided by users requesting to be sent information materials such as bulletins, CD-ROMs, newsletters, annual reports, answers to questions, decisions and sundry provisions, etc. is only used to provide the service and/or discharge the tasks requested and is disclosed to third parties only if this is necessary for the said purposes.
Categories of Processed Data
The information systems and software procedures relied upon to operate this web site acquire personal data as part of their standard functioning; the transmission of such data is an inherent feature of Internet communication protocols.
Such information is not collected in order to relate it to identified data subjects, however it might allow user identification per se after being processed and matched with data held by third parties.
This data category includes IP addresses and/or the domain names of the computers used by any user connecting with this web site, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time of such requests, the method used for submitting a given request to the server, returned file size, a numerical code relating to server response status (successfully performed, error, etc.), and other parameters related to the user's operating system and computer environment.
These data are only used to extract anonymous statistical information on website use as well as to check its functioning; they are erased immediately after being processed. The data might be used to establish liability in case computer crimes are committed against the website; except for this circumstance, any data on web contacts is currently retained for no longer than seven days.
Data Provided Voluntarily by Users
Sending e-mail messages to the addresses mentioned on this website, which is done on the basis of a freely chosen, explicit, and voluntary option, entails acquisition of the sender's address, which is necessary in order to reply to any request, as well as of such additional personal data as is contained in the message(s).
Optional Data Provision
Subject to the specifications made with regard to navigation data, users are free to provide the personal data either to be entered in the application forms submitted to MAP or referred to in contacting MAP to request delivery of information materials and other communications.
Failure to provide such data may entail the failure to be provided with the items requested.
Personal data is processed with automated means for no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it has been collected.
Specific security measures are implemented to prevent the data from being lost, used unlawfully and/or inappropriately, and accessed without authorisation.
Personal data are gathered using the following services and for the following purposes:
·Statistics: Google Analytics (Personal Data: Cookie and Data of use).
Data Subjects' Rights
Users have the right to revoke their consent at any time. However, revocation of consent does not affect the legitimacy of any data processing carried out prior to the revocation.
In addition, users have the following rights:
- All persons have the right to be informed as to whether or not any personal data that concerns them is being processed at MAP.
- Users have the right to access their personal data, ask for any inaccuracies to be rectified, or ask for the data to be deleted if, for example, it is no longer necessary for the purpose it was collected for.
- In certain circumstances, as specified in Article 18 of the GDPR, users may ask for the processing of their data to be restricted. In such a case we will only retain the data in order to pursue or defend claims.
- In some situations, users may, for reasons related to special personal circumstances, object to the processing of their personal data. MAP will stop processing the data, except for legitimate, compelling reasons or in order to pursue or defend claims.
- By virtue of the right of portability, users may retrieve their personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transfer it to another responsible entity.
These rights may be exercised as follows:
- By writing a letter to Media Accessibility Platform/TransMedia Catalonia research group, at Facultat de Traducció i d’Interpretació, Campus de la Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 08193-Cerdanyola del Vallès (Barcelona)
- By sending an email to to email@example.com
Should users consider that their rights have not been properly upheld, they can lodge a complaint before the Catalan Data Protection Authority (APDCAT).
Contact information for UAB Data Protection Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org